Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

It's raining

 Gentle rain fell overnight and I'm sure that the garden breathed a sigh of relief. I'd planted out some seedlings yesterday and was shocked at just how bone dry everything was. I gave it a good water but of course rain water is far better than the stuff that comes out of the tap. My neighbour Joan collects rain water in a big plastic bowl and rinses her hair with it.  I keep thinking about giving it a try but never get around to doing that. It's raining now but only very lightly and thankfully won't bash the tiny seedlings into the ground. Things are gradually warming up and soon the garden will real take off. 

I'm amazed that I was awake at my usual weekend time of 06.30 as we had a really late night. Our friends called in for a cuppa last night and it was great to have a catch up where no alcohol was consumed. They've been away to their house in France and it was nice to hear about their holiday. It was almost 11pm when they left so it shows how much talking got done. Tony had an attack of the munchies after they'd gone so he fried some black pudding and had it in a bun.  I can't quite bring myself to eat black pudding and I stuck to a handful of nuts. Truth to tell I wasn't even hungry and could easily have done without them.  We have no plans at all for today and I assume Tony will spend most of the morning in bed which is absolutely fine.  He needs a lot more sleep than I do so I just leave him to get up when he feels like it. 

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar