Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Kat Von D's Mi Vida Loca Remix Eyeshadow Palette Fail!











Ok, to those of you who are like "hold up, this is an old discontinued palette!"  I know.  I am going to talk about this old discontinued palette.  Not to rub it in anyones face that it can no longer be purchased at Sephora and that I had it, but to share my experience and why I will no longer be purchasing Kat Von D eyeshadows.   I have been seeing this on eBay ranging from $81.00 to a whopping $315.00!  I thought I would share my experience with this product.  So, lets start from the beginning.......

How badly I wanted to love the "Mi Vida Loca" palette.  I literally counted the days until the release of this palette and even stayed up on its release date, just to order this online to guarantee that I would own this beauty.  Sadly this was not at all what I thought it was going to be.  When it comes to color I have to admit this has every color in the rainbow and then some.  I like that this palette not only has a good selection of mattes, but this has its fare share of metallics, satins and so much more.  I also appreciated the neutral center.  This was a well thought out palette.  This literally had endless possibilities.  Too bad, for me the excitement was short lived.

Fist off, this palettes was more then chalky.  It truly had more then its share of fallout with the matte shades. I was able to capture some of the chalkiness with "Strutter" shown in the picture above.  I'm not one to do my eye makeup first and then my foundation.  For this palette I would highly recommend doing just that, eye makeup first.  I had fallout under my eyes and all over my cheeks that I had to clean up. 

Not only did I have a hard time working with this product, I had a horrible allergic reaction to it!  So bad that it granted me a trip to the eye doctor because my eyes were so swollen and  secreting grossness.  As if I did not learn my lesson the first time  I used this palette.  I gave this palette one more try and my eyes swelled up all over again.  This time I had the medication on hand to alleviate the pain and yuck that fallowed.  I was hoping it was an isolated color that made my eyes react, it was the shadows themselves.  I used all different shade on my second attempt that confirmed that this palette was unusable for me.

When it came to packaging, this too was a fail for me.  This came in cardboard packaging.  Let me elaborate, this reminded me of a DVD box set, where you slide the DVD's into the cardboard box sleeve.   It would have been nice to have had better and more user friendly packaging.  The fact that I had to slide the palette out and find a place for the big almost vinyl record sized protective cover box on my vanity just did not appeal to me.  I would have like to have seen an attached cover that would flip completely over and out of the way. 

I so badly wanted to love this palette.  I tried extremely hard to make this work but I could not.  I could have worked around the fallout and the packaging.  Sadly due to my allergy with this, I had to return this.  I have never had a reaction as bad as I had with this product, with any other eyeshadow before.  I am not sure if it is the ingredients or where it was manufactured.  Non the less this was a complete fail for me.

I had never purchased Kat Von D eyeshadows before, I have used other products from her line and her "High Voltage Eye Primer" is my holy grail primer.  This line prides itself on cruelty free and paraben free.  Kat Von D stands behind her products putting her heart and soul in it.  Believing not only in the beauty of the makeup but the beauty thats within the person who wears the makeup.  This is such an amazing brand.  I will continue to purchase items from the line, just not eyeshadows.  Sadly I don't know what's in it that is making my eyes react the way they do.  This may be an extremely late review on a palette that is no longer available but a review in regards to the eyeshadows themselves, how they performed and my experience using the product.  

If you'd like to see my Trendy Thoughts on the  Kat Von D "Mi Vida Loca" lipstick collection and click here




Till next time,

Amber

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar